Quality Education and skill training in Physical Therapy to gear a student to face the challenges in Health Care
Aims and Objectives
- To impart quality education in Physical therapy and its allied subjects.
- To provide supervised Clinical and Skill training.
- To bring out quality research and scientific data for the expansion of the body of knowledge, of the profession.
- To provide quality Physical therapy services to the needy at affordable cost.
B.P.T (BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY) COURSE
- The B.P.T Course of Physiotherapy is a full time 4 1/2 years degree course recognized by the Government of Karnataka and our college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- The B.P.T Course goes beyond mere academics prepares you to become a full-fledged professional physiotherapist.
- The Infra structure provided is of the most modern and unique type, which is highly useful to give the best of theoretical and practical training to the students.
The institute has good number of highly qualified and experienced staff to provide theory and practical training to the students in all subjects. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. It is recognized by the Government of Karnataka and the Indian Association of Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy training was introduced in India in the year of 1952. This health service is one of the most popular and sought after treatment in western countries. Although it has been more than five decades since its introduction in our country the awareness is only gradually but surely growing. It is quite certain that considering the population of the country and the number of therapist produced every year, the profession has a tremendous potential for development in few years to come.
The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery. Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
therapy for the preservation, enhancement, or restoration of movement and physical function impaired or threatened by disability, injury, or disease that utilizes therapeutic exercise, physical modalities (as massage and electrotherapy), assistive devices, and patient education and training-called also physiotherapy This is a dynamic healthcare profession that uses a physical approach to establish all round wellbeing.
Should have passed two year pre-university examination conducted by Department of Pre University Education with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects.
||Should have passed two year pre-university examination conducted by Department of Pre University Education with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects
||4 1/2 years
Recognized by Govt. of Karnataka. Affiliated to Bharathiar University